Maendeleo Chap Chap party in 2022 coalition talks, reveals Mutua
- The Machakos Governor also admitted to holding talks with other like-minded parties in order to form a strong coalition force for 2022.
- He, however, noted that even as politicians gun up for the country's top job in the next elections development matters should not be undermined through desperate campaign and politicization of national issues.
Machakos Governor Dr. Alfred Mutua on Thursday revealed that his Maendeleo Chap Chap party is engaged in talks with other parties to form a strong coalition, making clear his ambitions to vie for the presidential seat in 2022.
“I have indicated and do so again that in 2022 I will vie to become the 5th President of Kenya. There is nothing wrong with that,” said Mutua.
“I am personally in serious discussions with critical leaders for a strong partnership come 2022 elections. Our coalition of like-minded and motivated leaders will be one whose interest is Kenyans first.”
He, however, noted that even as politicians gun up for the country’s top job in the next elections development matters should not be undermined through desperate campaign and politicization of national issues.
“I have indicated and do so again that in 2022 I will vie to become the 5th President of Kenya. There is nothing wrong with that. But I am not consumed by a near rabid and desperate campaign and politicization that is slowing down our economic growth,” said Mutua.
He was speaking when he joined Isiolo Governor Mohammed Kuti and Prof. Anyang Nyongo of Kisumu for the launch of a model community health programme in Isiolo town.
- Girl who wrote heartfelt letter to the President returns to school after Governor Mutua intervenes
- Naked body of a unidentified man discovered inside water tank at Machakos County Children’s office
- Early identification of prehypertension as a preventive measure can avert associated morbidity and death
Mutua further weighed in on the ongoing divisions and war of words pitting the tanga tanga and kieleweke teams saying: “they can quietly organize themselves without tearing the country apart.”
He lauded the Isiolo Governor’s commitment to providing quality healthcare for the people and urged other leaders not to spend too much time politicking but rather focus on transforming the livelihoods of Kenyans.
“Today, I am pleased to join my colleagues Governors Dr. Mohammed Kuti and Gov. Prof. Anyang Nyong’o to launch and propel a community health program that will ensure all in Isiolo, regardless of tribe, gender and age, get that closer to getting the health care they deserve,” he said.
The Universal Health Coverage program, which is on its pilot basis, was officially launched by President Uhuru Kenyatta in December last year.
So far Machakos, Nyeri, Kisumu and Isiolo counties are the only counties said to have initiated the the health programme to its people.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | UHURUTO MAZE | The 8-year relationship of the President and his deputy