New report reveals best and worst performing governors
- Machakos Governor Dr. Alfred Mutua has been ranked as the best performing county boss.
- Out of the 47 governors Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu is ranked the last followed closely by Cyprian Awiti of Homa Bay.
- The report compiled between June and August this year by the firm identified as All Africa Advisors
A London-based company has unveiled a new survey report ranking all the 47 Kenyan governors according to their performance.
In the report compiled between June and August this year by the firm identified as All Africa Advisors, Machakos Governor Dr. Alfred Mutua has been ranked as the best performing county boss.
“Amongst respondents from across the country, Governor Alfred Mutua Ng’ang’a of Machakos County was rated highest,” reads part of the report.
Kakamega Governor Wycliffe Oparanya, who is also the Chair of the Council of Governors, is ranked second best.
At third position is Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko followed by Kivutha Kibwana of Makueni and Ali Hassan Joho of Mombasa respectively.
Out of the 47 governors Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu is ranked the last followed closely by Cyprian Awiti of Homa Bay.
Also at the tail end of the list is Amason Kingi of Kilifi, Lamu’s Fahim Twaha and Sospeter Ojaamong of Busia.
According to the London-based firm, the study was conducted through “a self-assessment questionnaire modeled on European Union and NEPAD assessment tools, a field verification and investigation study and a public opinion poll on county performance.”
“We have conducted a study involving reviewing the impact of devolution in Kenya with the support of all the relevant stakeholders, with a view of collecting data from records but also verifying the existence of the projects and their impact on common citizens, as assessed by constituents and across the nation,” said the firm on Tuesday.
The report further indicates that the country is split in half on whether devolution has been successful.
“49% take the view that it has been a failure, as compared to 51% who believe that it has been successful,” says All Africa Advisors.
In conducting the assessment, All Africa Advisors measured the county performance through indicators such as governance, infrastructure, safe water provision, health, housing, food security and investment & manufacturing.
Other indicators included social services, emergency services, urban development, poverty eradication, youth empowerment, women empowerment and investment opportunities in the counties.
Here is the full ranking:
- Alfred Mutua – Machakos County
- Wycliffe Oparanya – Kakamega
- Mike Sonko – Nairobi county
- Kivutha Kibwana – Makueni county
- Hassan Joho – Mombasa
- Muthomi Njuki – Tharaka Nithi
- Okoth Obado – Migori
- James Ongwae – Kisii
- Joseph Ole Lenku – Kajiado
- Paul Chepkwony – Kericho
- Salim Mvurya Mgala – Kwale
- Charity Ngilu – Kitui
- Granton Samboja – Taita Taveta
- Jackson Mandago – Uasin Gishu
- Josphat Nanok – Turkana
- Edward Kahiga – Nyeri
- Lee Kinyanjui – Nakuru
- Mohammed Abdi Mahamud – Wajir
- Ali Roba – Mandera
- Anyang’ Nyong’o – Kisumu
- Alex Tolgos – Elgeyo Marakwet
- Ndiritu Muriithi – Laikipia
- Stanley Kiptis – Baringo
- Samuel Ole Tunal – Narok
- Mohammud Ali – Marsabit
- Mwangi Wa Iria – Murang’a
- Late Joyce Labose – Bomet
- Francis Kimemia – Nyandarua
- Anne Mumbi – Kirinyaga
- John Lonyangapuo – West Pokot
- Mohamed Kuti – Isiolo
- Moses Kasainie Lenolkulal – Samburu
- Patrick Khaemba – Trans Nzoia
- Kiraitu Murungi – Meru
- Stephen Sang – Nandi
- Dhadho Godhana – Tana River
- Wilber Ottichillo – Vihiga
- Ali Korane – Garissa
- Wycliffe Wangamati – Bungoma
- Cornel Rasanga – Siaya
- Martin Wambora – Embu
- John Nyagarama – Nyamira
- Amason Kingi – Kilifi
- Fahim Twaha – Lamu
- Sospeter Ojaamong – Busia
- Cyprian Awiti – Homa Bay
- Ferdinand Waititu – Kiambu
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | WESTLANDS UNDERWORLD | Crooks, gov’t officials named in plot to grab man’s property