New twist as Sonko says Ksh.96M ‘confidential budget’ funds diverted
Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko has said the Ksh.96million ‘confidential budget’ allocation will be diverted.
This comes two days after an oversight committee put him on the spot over the questionable allocation.
“I want to say that although the Ksh.96million “confidential budget” had been allocated for operational expenses in my office, I won’t utilise the funds. I now want the funds to be used to upgrade our health facilities across Nairobi,” he said.
In a statement to newsrooms on Thursday, the Governor termed the move as a ‘major boost’ for the health sector since his office ‘does not require the money.’
The Controller of Budget report had indicated that the office of the Nairobi Governor and his deputy had been allocated Ksh.4.4billion in the current financial year.
The questionable Ksh.96million confidential expenditure was however not included while the office of the deputy governor remains vacant.
Details seen by Citizen TV showed that from the period of July 2018, Sonko’s secret account received Ksh.4 million, with a revised amount of Ksh.46 million being topped up through a supplementary budget.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | QUASI-SOLDIERS | Families agonise over missing KDF soldiers