NLC revokes title deeds as Mudavadi, Ongeri lose land in Kakamega, Kisii
- 151 people who had been allocated land for Karura Forest in Nairobi have also had their title deeds revoked.
- The notice further states that the move to revoke title deeds across the country follows complaints from the National Government, County Governments and members of the public.
- Other notable individuals who were affected include Mohamed Isahakia and Noah Arap Too.
The National Lands Commission (NLC) has revoked thousands of title deeds countrywide with Musalia Mudavadi and Kisii Senator Sam Ongeri among those affected.
According to a Gazette notice issued on Tuesday evening, the move to revoke title deeds across the country follows complaints from the National Government, County Governments and members of the public.
“Where the order calls for revocation, the Chief Land Registrar is thereby directed to revoke as per Section 14(5) of the National Land Commission Act and attendant laws,” the notice reads.
Mudavadi had been listed as the owner of Kakamega Municipality Block III/85.
“Title/Grant in favour of Hon. Moses Mudavadi revoked. Property to vest in Kakamega Golf Course/ Club,” the Gazette notice reads.
In Nairobi, the NLC also revoked title deed LR No. 209/13539/129 belonging to W. M. Mudavadi. The deed was revoked citing illegal allocation of public utility land reserved for County Government Housing.
Another 151 people who had been allocated land for Karura Forest also had their title deeds revoked.
In Kisii, title deed belonging to Prof. Sam Ongeri for Kisii Municipality Block III/258 was revoked.
“Title/Grant in faour of Samson Kegengo Ongeri revoked. The parcel of land reinstated to the County Government of Kisii for establishment of a Municipal Market and/or Market Yard,” the notice also reads.
Other notable individuals who were affected include Mohamed Isahakia and Noah Arap Too.
Below are others whose title deeds were revoked by the Gazette notice from the NLC:
- Kilifi: Athi River Mining Cement Company Limited title (Plot No 915 Kawala B)
- Kwale: Titles/Grants held by Alliance Hotels Limited Revoked (L.R KWALE GALU KINONDO 667, 668 AND 669)
- Nairobi: Transfer of the parcel of land in issue to Magnet Ventures cancelled (LR. NO. 21069)
- Nairobi: Kasarani MP John Njoroge, Mwiki Welfare Association, Umagara Wiyonere Company Limited (all allocations for L.R 8469/4/2 revoked)
- Nairobi: Kasarani MP John Njoroge, Mwiki Welfare Association, Umagara Wiyonere Company Limited (Subdivisions and amalgamations on L.R 8469/4/7 and L.R 8469/14 be cancelled)
- Nairobi: Fedha Estate Residents association and Tassia Coffee Estate Limited (Allocation to Tassia Estate for Block 97/1736 is cancelled and Title revoked)
- Nairobi: All titles and/or Grants in favour of the parcel of Eastleigh market land in issue to Ali SHeikh Mohammed and Farah Mohammed Barrow revoked
- Nairobi: Individuals who were allocated sections of Karura Forest
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: KEMRI scientists examine safety of anti-malarial drugs in first trimester of pregnancy