No Ksh.150M ransom talks for abducted Cuban doctors: Gov’t
- CS Monica Juma riled out talks with the terror group over the abducted Cuban doctors.
- Sources privy to the Provincial Administration command intimated to Citizen TV said that the abductors who spoke for the first time 33 days after abducting the two doctors were demanding the ransom.
The government has ruled out any possibilities of heeding to the demands for Ksh.150million ransom for two Cuban doctors Landy Rodrigues and Correa Herera.
Foreign Affairs CS Monica Juma intimated that the operation in Somalia where the doctors are suspected to be detained will be fruitful.
“We believe that we will secure their release in the ongoing security operation, but as a matter of policy, the government does not negotiate a ransom.
“We are hopeful that we shall retrieve the doctors safely back home. What I am aware of is that we are on the ground and the operation should lead to the recovery of the doctors safe and alive,” said CS Monica Juma during a joint media brief with the European Union High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, Federica Mogherini.
Federica assured Kenyans of the EU’s support in the war against terrorism.
Last week, sources privy to the Mandera provincial administration command intimated to Citizen TV said that the abductors who spoke for the first time 33 days after abducting the two doctors were demanding the ransom.
The heavily guarded doctors were abducted on April 12 on their way to the Mandera County Referral Hospital in an incident that saw one police officer shot dead and another arrested in subsequent investigations.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: CBK\'s guidelines on how to return 1000 notes