NTSA suspends 11 PSV Saccos for noncompliance
- In a statement to newsrooms, NTSA director General Francis Meja has advised members of the public not to board any vehicles belonging to the Saccos to avoid any inconveniences.
National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) on Friday announced the suspension of 11 Public Service Vehicles (PSV) Saccos.
According to the authority, the 11 saccos failed to comply with the provisions of section 5 of the National Transport and Safety Authority regulation which require a PSV Sacco/company to operate 30 serviceable motor vehicles.
In a statement to newsrooms, NTSA director General Francis Meja has advised members of the public not to board any vehicles belonging to the Saccos to avoid any inconveniences.
“The Traffic Department has been advised to impound any vehicles belonging to the eleven Saccos/Companies found operating contrary to the suspension,” said Meja.
Among the affected Saccos include;
- Teachers transporters that ply the Khoja – Flyover – Engineer – Njabini – North – Kinangop route. They also operate on Khoja -Thika road – Ngumba – Thome together with the Nirobi – Kiambaa – Naivasha – Nakuru – Nyahururu route.
- Kitengela Minibus – Railways – Athiriver – Kitengela – Machakos route.
- Smoke City – Nairobi – City cabanas – Machakos – Wote route.
- Seven City Saccos – Railways- Athi River- Kitengela- Machakos route.
- Single Line Services – Bus Station – Ambassador – GPO- South B – Hazina route.
- Gesarate Trade Links – Railways – Bus Station – KNH – Mbagathi Way – Langata Road – Magadi Road- Ongata Rongai – Kiserian route.
- Sunbird services – Ronald Ngara – Odeon – Zimmerman -Githurai – Kahawa West route
- Kazana travellers – Nairobi – Limuru – Nakuru route.
- Snowball Sacco – Railways – KNH – Mbagathi Way – Langata Road – Magadi Road – Ongata Rongai – Kiserian.
- Angel Kings – Nairobi – Ruiru – Muranga – Sagana – Karatina – Nyeri route.
- Kijabe Line – Nairobi – Waiyaki way – Limuru – Kijabe – Nakuru – Ndodori – Olkalau – Nyahururu – Njabini – Thika route.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Different journeys, same destiny: The story of top two candidates | KCSE 2020 |