NYS scandal: Three cases consolidated, to be heard in February 2019


NYS scandal: Three cases consolidated, to be heard in February 2019
National Youth Service (NYS) suspects arraigned in court. PHOTO| COURTESY

In Summary

  • This is after the court consolidated the 10 files involving the scandal and categorised them into three separate cases.
  • In a statement issued on Wednesday, the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions said the case involving loss of Ksh.468 million from NYS will kick off on February 4, 2018 to March 27, 2019.
  • The hearing of this case has been scheduled to take place three days a week for 25 days.

The trial of National Youth Service (NYS) scandal suspects, among them former Youth Affairs Principal Secretary Lilian Omollo, former NYS Director General Richard and 35 others is set to go on until March 2019.

This is after the court consolidated the 10 files involving the scandal and categorised them into three separate cases.

In a statement issued on Wednesday, the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions said the case involving loss of Ksh.468 million from NYS will kick off February 4, 2018 to March 27, 2019.

The hearing of this case has been scheduled to take place three days a week for 25 days.

This will come after another continuous hearing of the same scandal which is set to kick off on October 29 and go on until December 7, 2018.

In the October to December 2018 hearing, Ms. Omollo, Mr. Ndumbai and over 50 others will be charged with conspiracy to defraud the NYS department Ksh.50 million paid out for alleged supply of goods.

The pre-trial was concluded earlier this month.

For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel



Video Of The Day: On Viusasa, now you can download your videos and play them back later

Story By Benjamin Muriuki
More by this author