One dead, 2 in critical condition in suspected Chang’aa poisoning
One person has died while two of his accomplices are fighting for their lives at Keumbu Hospital in Kisii after a night out at a chang’aa den went awry.
A police report seen by Citizen Digital reveals that three men in their mid-thirties were dumped at Nyabisabo market at around 11.30 am on Wednesday.
One of them was Thomas Onkoba who appeared drunk. He was also unconscious.
He died before he could be taken to a hospital. His friend Nyabioge Jomo also appeared drunk and had also passed out.
The third man, Brian Juma was conscious but was complaining of severe stomach pains.
Preliminary investigations have it that the three drunk illicit brew in Riobara on Tuesday evening.
It is however not clear whether the two got too drunk or poisoned.
The latest comes just days after the government banned the sale of alcohol at restaurants and eateries to avert the spread of the new coronavirus.
The total number of infections in the country has tripled in the past month, rising to 19,125 cases by Wednesday, July 29.
During an address to the nation on Monday, President Kenyatta blamed the surging cases on “reckless” behaviour, saying there was notably, an “aggressive surge” among young people who were socialising, “particularly in environments serving alcohol”, and were, in turn, infecting their elders.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate