Pakistan seeks more proof from India in Kashmir attack probe
Pakistan said Wednesday it has sought more evidence from India to determine whether any Pakistani nationals had played a role in last month’s deadly Kashmir bombing that pushed the nuclear-armed rival nations to the brink of war.
New Delhi submitted its dossier of evidence to Islamabad a month ago, linking the Pakistan-based outlawed Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) militant organization to the Feb. 14 suicide car bomb attack in the Pulwama district.
The blast killed more than 40 Indian security forces, making it the deadliest attack in the disputed Himalayan region, and dangerously escalating bilateral military tensions.
“The government of Pakistan has shared preliminary findings with the government of India after examining the Indian report on the Pulwama incident,” said a Pakistan Foreign Ministry statement.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Former sports CS Hassan Wario convicted over Rio games scam