Paul Manyasi: Plot thickens as father claims man in photo is not dead
The father of the man whose picture appeared in the Sky News story that identified the KQ stowaway now claims that his son is not Paul Manyasi.
In an interview on Wednesday, he instead identified the man in the photo as Cedric Shivonja Isaac.
”Itabidi nimewashtaki kwa sababu naamini bado kijana wangu ako,” he told journalists.
The man further claimed that he had been informed that his son whom he last spoke to 2017 is currently in custody at the Industrial Area Remand Prison.
A spot check on Facebook revealed photos similar to those used in the Sky News report but under the name Cedric Shivonja Isaac.
The last post is dated July 14, 2019.
The man identified as Paul Manyasi's 'father' has told BBC's @EmmanuelIgunza that Paul Manyasi isn't his son 🧐- and – wait for it- his son's name is Cedric Shivonje; and says Shivonje is in police custody (for months now) over a separate crime!
— FERDINAND OMONDI (@FerdyOmondi) November 13, 2019
Reports indicate that the man’s family was indeed interviewed by Sky News but insist that the man in the photo is not their missing son.
Meanwhile; Colnet, the cleaning service company that Paul Manyasi is alleged to have worked for, has also criticized the Sky News report.
In a statement released on Wednesday, Colnet denied that they have ever had an employee with that name.
“The company has provided all its employee records and information to the investigative authorities which confirm that there is no employee by the name Paul Manyasi,” the statement from Colnet Managing Partner Chege Kariuki reads.
The company maintained that they only got to know about the stowaway when local investigative agencies launched a probe to determine the identity of the dead stowaway.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: 5 people dead, 32 rescued, 27 unaccounted for in Tassia building collapse