Property worth millions destroyed in Kisii schools’ fire
Property worth millions of shillings was Wednesday night destroyed at Nyamache, Kisii County after fire broke out burning down three dormitories in two schools.
Early Wednesday, a dormitory in Machongo Boys’ High School in Bomachoge Constituency was reduced to ashes in a fire suspected to have been caused by an electrical fault. The fire broke out while students were in class for their evening studies; nothing was salvaged.
Elsewhere, 44 students at Nyamache Boys’ High School reportedly sustained minor injuries Thursday morning when a fire broke out in the school, reducing their two dormitories to embers.
According to Nyamache Boys’ High School Principal, Philip Ogechi, the school has been experiencing repeated power failures, something they suspect could have caused the fire.
Ogechi has appealed to donors and well wishers to come to their aid and help the affected students resume classes adding that nothing was rescued from the fire.
On her side, Kisii County Executive Committee Member for Education, Skitter Wangesi Ocharo, said the boys need to undergo counseling as some of them were traumatized by the loss.
The injured students were treated at Nyamache Hospital and later discharged.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: High amounts of Mercury, Copper found in contraband sugar