Property worth millions destroyed in Nyabondo Primary School fire
Property worth millions of shillings was reduced to ashes at Nyabondo Boys Boarding Primary School in Nyakach Sub County Kisumu County after a fire broke out Tuesday morning.
The inferno which reportedly occurred while the pupils were in class for morning studies, destroyed beds, blankets, learning materials and other valuables.
Speaking to Citizen Digital shortly after the incident, the head teacher of the school, Sister Mary Angeline stated that the school was not able to salvage anything as the two dormitories were reduced to ashes in the fire, noting that the pupils are likely to spend the night in the cold.
“The school is currently counting on huge losses because nothing was rescued from the morning misfortune,” said Angeline.
The school is yet to ascertain the cause of that fire, with their preliminary investigations ruling out the possibility of it being an electric fault.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: KEBS MD says no mercury found in sugar