Ruto: I’m not tending Sugoi cabbages but working with Uhuru on how to deal with COVID-19
Deputy President William Ruto has asked Kenyans to disregard rumours that he is currently busy at his Sugoi cabbage farm leaving his boss to battle the coronavirus pandemic alone.
Taking to social media, Ruto posted a photo of his expansive cabbage farm, saying he was not at the farm, but working closely with President Uhuru Kenyatta practical strategies to deal with the Covid-19 pandemic.
“H.E. Uhuru Kenyatta, our teams and I are working on practical strategies to deal with the Covid-19 pandemic. All options are on our cards. There should be no panic, we will pull through. Let us comply with advisories as reviewed regularly. So, I am not tending my Sugoi cabbages shown in the photo below. Ignore the pictures circulating elsewhere,” He wrote.
His statement comes days after Kenyans on social media pointed out that DP Ruto was conspicuously missing from the coronavirus battle front line.
Ruto has not been present in the numerous addresses to the nation by President Uhuru as pertains to the new coronavirus.
An undated photo that made rounds on social media earlier in the week showed a man who has a striking resemblance to Ruto tending to cabbages.
Kenyans on Twitter wondered why the second-in-command had retreated from the battleline as cases in the country continued to grow.
Kenya has recorded 122 cases of the novel coronavirus after 12 more people tested positive on Friday.
Health CAS Dr. Mercy Mwangangi said they include 11 Kenyans and one Somali national.
She further announced one more death from coronavirus: a six-year-old boy who had underlying conditions.
The boy had been admitted to the Kenyatta National Hospital in Nairobi. “Medical staff who handled the boy have been quarantined,” she said on Friday.
This brings the total number of deaths from coronavirus in Kenya to four.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | TALES OF LAMU | Island grappling with an acute shortage of fresh water