‘Samantha’ tops Kenya Google searches in January 2018
- Google has released its top trending searches for the month of January 2018 and Samantha the sex doll is at the top of the list.
- Also in the list is widow of the late former Vice President Kijana Wamalwa who passed on at Nanyuki Cottage Hospital on January 25, as well as Farida Karoney, Royal Media Services Chief Operating Officer.
- In the 'Trending How to' list, 'How to reverse mpesa,' 'How to buy tokens' and 'How to withdraw money from sportpesa' were the top three, according to Google.
Google has released its top trending searches for the month of January 2018, and the now (in)famous sex doll christened ‘Samantha’ is, almost too predictably, sitting pretty at the top of the list.
Samantha, which was described by a UK magazine as “the most realistic sex robot you will ever see” is a creation of Barcelona-based engineer Sergi Santos who said that Samantha “likes to be touched” and needs to be seduced before “any action takes place.”
The sex doll has driven men worldwide into a frenzy, with reports of some even falling in love with ‘her’ in some countries. ‘She’ retails at about Ksh.316, 000.
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) came in second, while the Football Association Challenge Cup (FA Cup) landed at a close third.
Yvonne Wamalwa, widow of the late former Vice President came in at number four on the list. This follows the January 25 passing on of Yvonne at Nanyuki Cottage Hospital. She will be buried on February 3 in Trans Nzoia county.
Closing the top five searches is Farida Karoney, Royal Media Services’ Chief Operating Officer who was recently nominated by President Kenyatta as Cabinet Secretary to the Ministry of Lands.
Polycarp Igathe, the former Nairobi Deputy Governor who tendered his resignation on January 11, 2018 came seventh as Gospel Singer and TV Presenter Kambua Manundu landed at eighth following a Royal Media Services new year party (dubbed Vuka Mwaka) incident where she reportedly snatched the microphone from her co-host Jeff Kuria at the Afraha Stadium in Nakuru.
The songstress apologised over the incident in a social media post which she later pulled down.
The late Human Rights Activist and Director at the Center for Human Rights and Democracy (CHRD) Ken Wafula closed the top ten list. Wafula passed on at an Eldoret Hospital on January 17, 2018.
On the ‘Trending How to’ list, ‘How to reverse mpesa’ was top of the Google most searched item, followed by ‘How to buy tokens’ and ‘How to withdraw money from sportpesa’ coming in a distant third.
Below is the full list of the top ten most trending searches by Kenyans in January 2018;
- KUCCPS 2018 intake
- FA cup
- Yvonne Wamalwa
- Farida Karoney
- Cabinet Secretaries
- Polycarp Igathe
- Australian open
- Kambua Manundu
- Ken Wafula
Trending How to
- How to reverse mpesa
- How to buy tokens
- How to withdraw money from sportpesa
- How to buy airtel airtime from mpesa
- How to write application letter
- How to write a formal letter
- How to delete instagram account
- How to save money
- How to pay nhif through mpesa
- How to bet on sportpesa
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Former sports CS Hassan Wario convicted over Rio games scam