Sololo MCA Halkano Konsa surrenders, transferred to Nairobi
Sololo MCA Halkano Konsa surrendered to police in Marsabit on Monday and has been transferred to Nairobi.
He is set to face charges of arming bandits in the war torn Turbi-Sololo border.
Detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) had launched a manhunt for Konsa after he went into hiding.
This after Interior CS Fred Matiang’i said the government would begin a disarmament exercise in Marsabit and neighbouring counties.
According to him, the fragility of the situation has been aggravated by toxic battles for supremacy by scheming politicians.
He told a Parliamentary committee that possession of illegal firearms among area communities had been a major contributory factor to the frequent inter-communal conflicts.
The Interior CS assured the Departmental Committee on Administration and National Security that police were hot on the heels of perpetrators, including leaders who have been arming them.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | TALES OF LAMU | Island grappling with an acute shortage of fresh water