Strathmore Students Hospitalized After Mass Food Poisoning


Strathmore University students have been admitted to various hospitals in Nairobi after an incident of suspected mass food poisoning that occurred during the fourth year students’ dinner.

In a statement to newsrooms, the university said that it was aware of the matter and had taken charge to ensure the health and safety of its students.

The catering services for the event were reportedly outsourced.

The university saysa that it has since commenced investigations into the incident.

The incident that took place on Friday March 20th affected the fourth year students and staff members who attended the seniors' dinner.

Some students were attended to at the Strathmore University Medical Center while others were sent to different health facilities in the city.

The number of students affected is still not clear.

 

For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel



Video Of The Day: KEMRI scientists examine safety of anti-malarial drugs in first trimester of pregnancy

Avatar
Story By Citizen
More by this author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *