Survivors of the August 7 bomb blast mark 21-year anniversary
Survivors and families of those who perished in the August 7, 1998 bomb blast are on Wednesday set to convene at the Memorial Park in Nairobi.
Twenty years ago, the violent incident claimed the lives of over 200 people and left thousands maimed.
Two American Embassies; in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam, were destroyed with Osama Bin Laden, who at the time headed Al-Qaeda terrorist group, taking responsibility for the attack.
Last year during the 20th anniverssary, Ambassador Martin Kimani, Director of Kenya’s National Counter Terrorism Centre said that despite the devastating effects of the attack, the relationship between the countries remains strong.
“Twenty tears later, Kenyans are proud to be fighting against terrorism alongside our allies and friends for the safety of our families, our communities and our country,” Amb. Kimani said.
A short documentary was also featured at the memorial to showcase the journey of survivors towards recovery.
In the documentary, victims narrated the events of the fateful day and how it changed their lives forever.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Sossion: What is happening to KNUT is a test for labour movement in this country | NEWSNIGHT |