Three people electrocuted by an illegal power line at a funeral in Kisii
Three people were on Saturday electrocuted by a live electric wire which had been connected illegally at Iyenga village in Kisii, reports say.
The incident occurred at the home of Isaboke Wilson, according to a police report seen by Citizen Digital.
Maria Kerubo, 25, and her daughter aged seven died on the spot while a third person-Teresa Nyarimbo died on her way to the Kenyenya sub-county hospital.
The matter was reported to Magana police station and the bodies of the deceased moved to the Ogembo hospital mortuary.
Probe into the matter has begun, with the local chief warning residents against illegal electricity connections.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Treasury allocates Ksh 4.5 B for procurement of vaccines