Three relatives electrocuted in Elgeyo-Marakwet
Three family members were on Friday December 29 electrocuted in Kameli, Elgeyo-Marakwet while pumping water from a river using an electric water pump.
The three; 52 year old Raymond Kimutai, his 27 year son Kipkorir Kiptanui were trying to connect a faulty power line when they were electrocuted while Micheal Kipchirchir, the third casualty, who is their relative, died while trying to rescue the two.
Confirming the incident, Kameli OCPD Wilmoth Mwakio said that the incident was as a result of a short circuit during the connection.
“We were informed of the tragic deaths of the three family members on Friday morning and we have established that the two of them died while trying to pump water from a stream, while the other died trying to rescue them,” said Mwakio
Mwakio has since issued a warning to area residents saying that the government will take stern action against persons found making such connections without consulting an electrician.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Former sports CS Hassan Wario convicted over Rio games scam