Timeline of events: 14 Riverside attack
- 3:48PM: Suspected terrorists arrive at dusitD2 Hotel on Riverside Drive, Nairobi in a silver 5-seater hatchback and walk toward security officers at the hotel’s gate, where they throw an explosive at the security agents.
- 3:50PM: A loud bang resembling a grenade explosion is heard, with black smoke swelling and rising up into the air.
- 3:55PM: Three vehicles on fire spotted at the scene.
- 3:58PM: DCI George Kinoti and team arrive.
- 4PM: Social media awash with claims of occupants trapped in dusitD2 saying the facility is under attack. Armed law enforcement agents arrive at the facility.
- 4:05PM Rescue mission underway as a man sporting a red T-shirt and black pair of trousers is seen being moved away, with a gunshot wound in the back. He is bleeding profusely.
- 4:11PM: Students from Nairobi University, who reside in the nearby Chiromo hostels, are ordered to vacate the premises.
- 4:20PM: Those injured taken to Aga Khan Hospital
- 4:25PM: Ambulances with sirens arrive at scene.
- 4:25PM: Recce squad security officers advance into the hotel to try and neutralise the attackers.
- 4:30PM: Kenya Airforce team arrives at scene.
- 4:33PM: Firefighters arrive
- 4:36PM Recce officers gain access into the building.
- 4:40PM: Citizen TV reporter Francis Gachuri says 6 gunmen spotted by security agencies.
- 4:45PM: Abbas Gullet, the Kenya Red Cross Secretary General, is seen entering the dusitD2 premises.
- 4:50PM: Citizen TV’s Francis Gachuri says security agencies confirm all employees from dusitD2 hotel rescued.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Treasury allocates Ksh 4.5 B for procurement of vaccines