Top photos of Obama in Kenya before he became U.S. President
In SummaryObama in Kenya 2018
- Sunday July 15: Lands in Kenya
- Sunday July 15: Meets President Uhuru Kenyatta and Opposition leader Raila Odinga
- Monday July 16: Heads to Nyangoma, Kogelo
- Monday July 16: Meets Kisumu Governor Anyang' Nyong'o
- Monday July 16: Opens sports facility under Sauti Kuu initiative
- Monday July 16: Leaves for South Africa
Former U.S. President Barack Obama is scheduled to arrive in Kenya on Sunday, July 15.
He will land in Nairobi and later proceed to his hometown in Kogelo on Monday.
The American embassy in Nairobi has indicated that Obama will be visiting Kenya as a private citizen.
Citizen TV will cover the event live from Kogelo, as the former President opens a sports facility for disadvantaged children under Sauti Kuu Foundation.
It is an initiative of his sister Dr. Auma Obama who terms it as a fulfillment of their father’s dream.
“He himself wants to work with young people around leadership: taking responsibility for your life, using the opportunities you have. So, we have very similar objectives with the work that we are doing,” she told Citizen TV‘s Anne Kiguta on Thursday.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate