Two admitted after consuming anthrax infected beef in Narok

Suicide victim hospitalized

By Lang’at Kiprotich

A health officer in Trans-Mara, Narok County has raised the alarm after two people on Friday 19th resorted to traditional means to treat themselves after contracting anthrax.

The two, a mother and a son contracted the disease after consuming meat from a dead cow suspected to have died of anthrax in Mosotik Village on the same day.

Confirming the incident,Trans-Mara East Sub-County public health promotion officer Micheal Cheruiyot also revealed that several other people consumed the meat from the over eight dead cows.

“We were informed by a village elder that two people a mother and a son had enlisted the services of a with doctor instead of going to hospital after contracting anthrax. We were also informed that more people consumed the meat. We are trying to establish their whereabouts to ensure that they go to hospital ,” said Mr. Cheruiyot.

The health officer appealed to any person who might have consumed the meat to report to the nearest health facility for treatment.

Mr. Cheruiyot also warned that the owners of the dead cows will be arrested for allowing locals to eat the un-inspected meat.

For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel

Video Of The Day: KEMRI scientists examine safety of anti-malarial drugs in first trimester of pregnancy

Citizen Reporter
Story By Citizen Reporter
More by this author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *