Two dead, one injured after electrocution


Electricity in Kenya
Power line in Kenya

Two people died on the spot, while one was  hospitalized with serious injuries after they were electrocuted in in Kiambu County.

The Thursday  incident in Gathama village saw two family members, Hannah Ndugu, 80, and her son, Dominic Ndugu, 40, killed as Joseph Kibugi, a neighbor who had come to their rescue, sustain serious injuries.

According to the husband of the deceased ,Ndugu Baiya, his wife was washing utensils when she was electrocuted, while the son died trying to save the mother.

It is alleged that the accident was caused by poor electricity connectivity in the house.

The area chief, Antony Njoroge, warned the residents against illegal power connections saying it was harzadous.

 

For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel



Video Of The Day: KEBS MD says no mercury found in sugar

Story By Paul Baraza
More by this author