Two kids dead in suspected Carbon Monoxide poisoning


Two kids dead in suspected Carbon Monoxide poisoning
Burning Jiko which releases Carbon Monoxide

Residents of Adero Estate in Bondo woke up to news that two children, aged 3 and 7-years-old respectively had died from suspected Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

The children’s mother Daisy Achieng’ and her four children are said to have gone to sleep after taking dinner on Friday evening only to find two of her children dead on Saturday.

During a phone interview with Radio Ramogi on Saturday,  Achien’g said there was a charcoal jiko burning overnight as the house had been cold by the time they went to bed.

According to the chairman of Bondo sub-county Community Policing Committee Juma Abuko confirmed the incident, saying  the woman discovered that the two children were dead when she went to wake them up at around

Her two other children; aged 8-years-old and 3-months-old were not affected.

The bodies of the two were removed to the Bondo Sub-county Hospital Mortuary pending an autopsy.

For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel



Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate

Avatar
Story By Tonny Ndungu
More by this author