Why you might be required to register for Huduma Namba again
- Col. Oguna revealed that those who may have accidentally given wrong information will be contacted when the mass registration deadline closes on Saturday.
- He further urged Kenyans who are yet to register for the Huduma Namba to rush in order to beat the Saturday May 25, 2019, deadline saying it will not be extended again.
Newly appointed government spokesperson Rtd. Col. Cyrus Oguna has stated that some Kenyans who have already registered for Huduma Namba may be forced to undergo the process again.
Speaking during a press conference on Thursday, Oguna revealed that those who may have accidentally given wrong information will be contacted when the mass registration deadline closes on Saturday.
He further urged Kenyans who are yet to register for the Huduma Namba to rush and beat the Saturday, May 25, 2019, deadline saying it will not be extended again.
“When the mass registration comes to an end on Saturday, what will happen thereafter is the process of cleaning the data; there will be some areas that the data may look same or maybe it was not entered properly,” said Col. Oguna.
“So you may have registered, yes, but in the process of cleaning data, then you’re found to have either given the wrong I.D (national identification) number or the wrong number of your birth certificate, then they would be communicated to go and register afresh.”
According to the Government, over 36million Kenyans have registered.
On Thursday, the Government Spokesman said individuals contacted to register afresh – as well as those who will have been locked out by the deadline – will then be forced to seek out their area Assistant Chiefs on whose doorsteps the process will be transferred.
“The only problem with that – and that’s why we’re asking that all of us should be able to take advantage of this window before it closes because there’ll be no extension – is that the Assistant Chief will have other responsibilities so they’ll not give you priority,” he added.
The colonel also revealed that 134 out of a previous 166 containers that had been detained at the Mombasa port have already been released following discussions between the government and their owners.
He stated that the businessmen/women had agreed to pay the relevant taxes and ensure that the goods they were bringing in were up to par, adding that the remaining 32 containers did not have relevant documentation hence their owners are not known.
He further reiterated a notice previously given by the Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) stating that selected – or “expendable” – second hand motor vehicle spare parts will no longer be imported into the country.
The government spokesperson also allayed fears that the Competency Based Curriculum (CBC) was implemented without due public participation.
“Implementation of CBC would not have been rolled out without sufficient public participation; this is a lengthy process that began about 5 years ago,” he stated.
“Ministry of Education is preparing to have another training session for teachers in August, but as of now, over 1900 teachers have been specifically been trained on CBC.”
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | FIRST CLASS BETRAYAL | First class graduate lives on streets