Woman, 3-month-old son electrocuted by fallen power cable in Kwale
A 34-year-old woman and her 3-month-old son have been electrocuted at Bowa matopeni village in Kwale.
Reports say the deceased who was carrying her son was passing near a power line that had toppled.
Residents say the power line fell over two weeks ago and is yet to be switched off despite posing a danger to the locals.
The line went off its moorings following heavy rains that had pounded the area, making the soil loose.
Residents have called on KPLC to look into the matter, saying that several other poles are in varying stages of rot, putting locals at risk.
Mwinyi Mwasera the Waa Ng’Ombeni ward MCA said the efforts by the residents to Kenya Power to correct the power default in the area fell on deaf ears
He now wants the officers in charge of electricity in Kwale to bear the responsibility of the deaths and resign.
Human Rights Agenda official Mwinyi Hajj said they have taken up the matter and will be suing Kenya Power for negligence.
The bodies of the two were taken to the Kwale funeral awaiting their autopsy.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: KEMRI scientists examine safety of anti-malarial drugs in first trimester of pregnancy