Woman wants husband arrested for setting daughter on fire
- The father is reported to have used a paraffin tin lamp to set the child on fire after learning of her actions.
- The victim's sibling explained to Citizen Digital how her father carried out the heinous act as she watched helplessly.
- The man has been arrested twice and released in unclear circumstances.
A class six girl from a village in Subukia is nursing serious burn injuries after her father set her on fire for allegedly stealing some potatoes to eat.
The father is reported to have used a paraffin tin lamp, burning her all over her body after learning of the girl’s actions.
The victim’s sibling who is staying with her at the hospital told Citizen Digital how her father carried out the heinous act as she watched helplessly.
The father is reported to have been arrested after the incident and taken to the Assistant County Commissioner’s office but was later released.
It was after his release that the girl’s mother reported and recorded a statement at Kirengero police station and at Nakuru Level V hospital that he was re-arrested.
However, nothing came out of his arrest as he was again released after two days in unclear circumstances.
- Direct entry cadet inspectors to be deployed to police stations after graduation: Matiang’i
- Kenyans locked in and out of Nairobi, Kiambu, Machakos, Kajiado and Nakuru allowed until Sunday 8pm to travel
- Uhuru bans movement in and out of Nairobi, Kajiado, Machakos, Kiambu and Nakuru; reviews curfew hours
Speaking to Citizen Digital, OCPD Jecinta Mwarania however says that the man was arraigned in court and is out on bond.
The mother refutes those claims saying that the father was never taken to court and was released on police bond.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Different journeys, same destiny: The story of top two candidates | KCSE 2020 |