KOT tell off Orengo after tweet saying he drove himself to Parliament


KOT tell off Orengo after tweet saying he drove himself to Parliament

On Friday, Siaya senator James Orengo took to Twitter to announce to his followers that he had driven himself to the parliament to partake in a mandatory COVID-19 screening.

While it was a little odd for the renowned lawyer-cum-politician who has personal chauffeurs at his beck and call, Kenyans wondered why driving around in a seven-figure car was a big deal.

“Drove myself to parliament to take the COVID-19 test. Compliance with the guidelines critical in the fight against the pandemic,” Senator Orengo captioned a photo.

Kenyans on Twitter took turns to tell the Senator in no uncertain terms that driving oneself around was not exactly revolutionary.

The Kenyan spectator wrote: “All drivers gather here, applaud and congratulate James Orengo for driving himself, it’s a very biiig achievement!”

“What is in driving yourself? Kenyans want to hear a motion being tabled in parliament to cushioned them over the on going pandemic. MOST of them have no idea how rent will be paid forget about their daily single meal!” Bukusu warrior wrote.

Another Tweep Drameloblast wondered why the senator needed to announce he had driven himself saying: “Had my COVID19 test today. That is enough. The next sentence should be about your legislative responsibilities…”

“Wow congratulations Sir for the great achievement of driving yourself.. Well done for taking the step and I hope you’ll be declared mweupe kama pambaZany face,” Njoroge Kamau wrote.

Senator Orengo had shown up for the requisite coronavirus screening at the parliament on Friday.

He said the move was in compliance with the government directives on fighting the pandemic.

So far, Kenya has confirmed 122 cases of the coronavirus after an additional 12 people tested positive on Friday.

Health CAS Dr. Mercy Mwangangi said they include 11 Kenyans and one Somali national.

She further announced one more death from coronavirus: a six-year-old boy who had underlying conditions.

The boy had been admitted to the Kenyatta National Hospital in Nairobi. “Medical staff who handled the boy have been quarantined,” she said on Friday.

For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel



Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate

Avatar
Story By Tonny Ndungu
More by this author