‘Arrogant, divisive’: Western officials slam FKF boss Mwendwa
Suspended officials from Football Kenya Federation’s (FKF) Western Branch have slammed the national organisation’s president Nick Mwenda for ‘failing to improve the state of Kenyan football.’
In the letter, which was withering in its criticism of the current FKF office, the officials asserted Mwendwa should not vie for a second term in the elections that have twice been stopped by the Sports Disputes Tribunal (SDT).
The officials, led by branch chairman Patrick Lubembe and secretary Chite Rodgers Omutanyi, were suspended from their roles in what they say was targeted and ‘unfair’ for being the only branch in entire country that refused to back Mwendwa.
“Today, we the football stakeholders from Western Kenya have decided to register the following observations;
1. FKF –national office led by Nick Mwendwa has not improved the state of football in the country as they promised. In fact, it’s now messier than they found it.
2. Having failed in achieving substantial objectives that he promised to accomplish within four years, Nick Mwendwa should not seek re-election.
3. We stand in solidarity with other Kenyans who are football stakeholders in condemning the FKF leadership for their arrogance, ignorance of law, dictatorship and divisive leadership in matters football in Kenya.
4. We support the SDT decision and full compliance of the Kenya constitution.
5. We do support the formation of a normalization committee to conduct elections in liaison with IEBC just like it was in 2016 elections.
6. We wish to categorically state that the involvement of FIFA’s chief Member Association officer Veron Masengo Omba in Kenya football affairs is questionable and that he should declare his interest.
7. Western Kenya, which is known as the hub of Football in the country has lost its glory, thanks to mismanagement of the game at the national level. We miss the days when Kakamega High School, St Peters’ Mumias High School, Musingu High School, Chebuyusi High School and Mukumu Boys produced most-talented footballers in the country.”
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Different journeys, same destiny: The story of top two candidates | KCSE 2020 |