Bayern route open for United ‘reject’ Schweinsteiger
TRANSFER TITTLE-TATTLE with John Kyanda/Hot 96/@johnkyanda
Bastian Schweinsteiger has been told there could be a place for him back at Bayern Munich if he leaves Manchester United.
According to Sky Sports Schweinsteiger is one of several players United are open to selling this summer.
The German turned up for training on Monday, the same day his locker in the first-team’s dressing room was reportedly cleared out, with newspaper reports suggesting he has been told to train with the reserves by Jose Mourinho.
Schweinsteiger moved to Old Trafford in 2015 after winning eight Bundesliga titles with Bayern, as well as the German Cup seven times and the 2013 Champions League, but he endured an injury-ravaged season in Manchester and made only 31 appearances.
Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has suggested that the door is open for him to return to Bavaria.
“Should he speak at some point about a desire to return, then we will discuss it with him,” Rummenigge told Sport Bild.
- Lyon remain open to the possibility of selling Arsenal target Alexandre Lacazette this summer, according to the French club’s manager Bruno Genesio. “He can leave if Lyon want him to,” said the 49-year-old. “There are some offers that you cannot refuse. My desire as manager is that the best players stay and Lacazette is very important for the team. I have been assured by my president that we will keep the player. You never know what could happen right up until August 31,” he added.
- Meanwhile, Arsenal will not let 26-year-old Kieran Gibbs go on loan to Premier League rivals West Ham, who want an experienced left-back to cover for the injured Aaron Cresswell. The Gunners have made an approach for Torino full-back Bruno Peres with Arsene Wenger looking to bring in a backup for Hector Bellerin at right-back as Mathieu Debuchy’s future at the club remains uncertain.
- Aston Villa defender Ciaran Clark is undergoing a medical ahead of a proposed 5 million pounds move to Newcastle.
- The Hammers are considering a 7 million pounds move for 31-year-old Germany striker Mario Gomez, who says he wants to leave Besiktas because of the political situation in Turkey.
- Chelsea have told Everton that their next bid for striker Romelu Lukaku, will be a take-it-or-leave-it offer. The Blues sold Lukaku to Everton two years ago and Everton are adamant they will not sell for less than 75million pounds.
- Swansea’s Wales international captain Ashley Williams is on the brink of a 10million pounds move to Everton. The Swans are ready to step up their interest in Tottenham winger Nacer Chadli and Leicester striker Leonardo Ulloa.
- Saido Berahino’s future should be decided in the next 24 hours as soon as Diafra Sakho completes his move to West Brom, according to Sky sources. Crystal Palace and Stoke city have submitted bids of 20million pounds for the 22-year-old forward.
- Former Arsenal midfielder Fran Merida has been officially unveiled by Osasuna after signing for the La Liga club.
- Barcelona have not made an approach for Andre-Pierre Gignac. According to recent reports in Spain, Gignac is the latest name on Barca’s shortlist of attacking targets as they look to secure back-up for their MSN front three of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar.
- Kevin-Prince Boateng is set to join Las Palmas after being released by AC Milan at the end of last season. Boateng is due to have a medical in the next 24 hours.
- Valencia are in pursuit of former Real Madrid anchorman Lassana Diarra, reports AS. Diarra is on the books at Marseille, although he has a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave the French club for free.
- Rafinha’s father has taken to Twitter to say speculation that the Barcelona star is set for a return to Celta Vigo is “a lie.” The midfielder spent the 2013-14 season on loan with Celta, making 32 appearances under current Barca boss Luis Enrique.
- Napoli have acted swiftly to replace Gonzalo Higuain by completing the signing of Ajax forward Arkadiusz Milik.
- Inter Milan midfielder Ivan Perisic is good enough to play for any team in Europe, according to his agent. Perisic has subsequently been linked with a move away from the San Siro, with Chelsea and Barcelona reportedly among his suitors.
Sources: BBC, SkySports, soccernet.com, football365.com
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate