FIFA’s Sepp Blatter to be probed over 2018/22 World Cup bidding
Swiss Attorney General said on Wednesday that he “will not exclude” inquiring FIFA President Sepp Blatter in the investigation of FIFA’s 2018 and 2022 World Cup bidding.
The investigation office has been working on 53 cases which are involved in suspicious bank relations, Michael Lauber said at the first press conference in Bern, Switzerland since the investigation began.
“Now we are working on huge files we confiscated. We need to make a list first, and then analyze them, forming a base for our further investigation, for example the search for offices. In principle, I will not exclude inquiring FIFA President or general secretary, but I cannot disclose more,” said Lauber.
According to him, the investigation started on March 10 and based on reports from FIFA investigator Michael Garcia and US Department of Justice.
Considering that the investigation may last for months or years, Lauber said he was confident and positive on the process and the results they got so far.
“I have the impression that FIFA – since they did deliver me the Garcia report and gave me the information – they are really trying to cooperate in their best way. Until now, I cannot complain,” he said.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Former sports CS Hassan Wario convicted over Rio games scam