Five great sporting comebacks
Five great comebacks in sport after Barcelona defeated Paris Saint Germain 6-1 to make the Champions League quarter-finals on Wednesday:
Miracle number 1 – Houston
– At the 2017 Super Bowl the New England Patriots defeated the Atlanta Falcons 34-28 in overtime after being 28-3 down at one stage in the third quarter.
Miracle number 2 – Istanbul
– Liverpool won the 2005 Champions League final against AC Milan despite being 3-0 down at half-time. They then scored three goals in six minutes after the break before going on to take the title in a penalty shootout.
Miracle number 3 – Medinah
– At the 2012 Ryder Cup, the European team trailed 10-4 going into Sunday’s singles after being comprehensively outplayed on the first two days. But Jose Maria Olazabal’s men battled back to win 14.5-13.5 thanks to Martin Kaymer’s winning putt on the last green.
America’s Cup 2013
– Team New Zealand led 8-1 against the Oracle Team USA before surrendering their huge advantage to lose 9-8 at San Francisco. The US won the winner-takes-all final race of the regatta by 44 seconds.
France stun All Blacks
– In the 1999 rugby World Cup semi-finals, France trailed the All Blacks by 24-10 but Le Bleus stormed back to win 43-31 thanks to a 28-point haul from Christophe Lamaison. 26 of France’s points came in a devastating 13-minute spell.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Some MPs plan to shoot down Uhuru\'s proposal on VAT