FKF disclose details of record sponsorship deal
- Kenyan Premier League (KPL) clubs' chairmen have chosen five among themselves to represent them in a transitional Committee that will draft proposals on how the top-flight league will be managed
- A new entity is expected to take over the management of the league beginning next season following the KPL Ltd's lapse of contract during the season that was halted by the COVID-19 pandemic
Kenyan Premier League (KPL) clubs’ chairmen have chosen five among themselves to represent them in a transitional Committee that will draft proposals on how the top-flight league will be managed.
A new entity is expected to take over the management of the league beginning next season following the KPL Ltd’s lapse of contract during the season that was halted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Football Kenya Federation (FKF) said the five – Dr. Dan Shikanda (AFC Leopards), Dan Aduda (Tusker FC), Robert Maoga (Kariobangi Sharks FC), Col. Erick Oloo (Ulinzi Stars FC) and Ken Ochieng (Zoo FC) – will discuss the possibility of clubs voting for an independent chairman to lead the new league body.
The five were selected after a video conferencing with the FKF president Nick Mwendwa reiterating that the Sh10 million license fee from the record sponsorship deal agreed with a Nigerian gaming firm would be channelled to support women football.
The meeting was attended by 17 FKF Premier league clubs that included Kakamega Homeboyz, Western Stima, KCB, Tusker, Mathare United, Ulinzi Stars, Kariobangi Sharks, Gor Mahia, Posta Rangers, AFC Leopards, Bandari, Zoo FC, Wazito, Nzoia Sugar, Bidco United, Nairobi City Stars and Kisumu All Stars. Sofapaka was the only club that was absent.
Under the partnership, the gaming firm will disburse payment to FKF as follows:
- Sh13m upon or within 7 days of signing of this Agreement;
- Sh75m one month prior to the official kick-off of the season;
- Sh75m on or before the end of the third month of the season;
- Sh75m on or before the end of the sixth month of the season;
Disbursements for the subsequent four seasons will be made as follows: –
- First instalment a month before the season kick-off;
- Second instalment at the end of the third month of the season;
- Third instalment at the end of the sixth month of the season.
The betting firm will have the following RIGHTS & OBLIGATIONS
- Have the exclusive right to be referred to as the “FKF Premier League’s Title Sponsor”
- Have the exclusive right to be the sole sports betting and title sponsor.
- Ensure that all clubs participating in the league wear kits bearing its logo on their shirts’ sleeves for both their authentic and replica jerseys.
- Have the right to erect eight pitch side banners in all league match venues at its own cost. (home match 8 pitch boards, Centre circle 2, 18 Line 2 & 2 behind each goal posts)
- Have the right to have display 50% its advertisements and/or logo on every media backdrop
- Have the exclusive right to activate every league venue on each league match day.
- Have the right to use images with no less than 3 players in the clubs.
- Have the right to use clips and still photos, with no less than 3 players for content generation.
- May sponsor the player and coach of the month.
- Have naming rights & Bear the agreed costs of the end of the season Gala Night and the league’s Annual Awards.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate