Gor Mahia refute Manishimwe reports


Gor Mahia refute Manishimwe reports
Gor Mahia FC Chairman Ambrose Rachier (C), Secretary General Ronald Ngala (L) and Club Vice Chair John Pesa sing the Gor Mahia official anthem during the club's media briefing at a Nairobi hotel on November 26, 2018. Photo/Kelly Ayodi /Sportpicha/Citizen.

In Summary

  • Gor Mahia have refuted allegations of signing Rwandese midfielder Djabel Manishimwe. Media reports had indicated that the local giants had signed the midfielder to a tune of Ksh 3,000,000, something the club says is just a mere rumour.
  • The player in question had once signed with AFC Leopards but ended up duping them by failing to report.
  • His probable move to the local league champions was orchestrated by the departure of Gor Mahia lead striker Jacques Tuyisenge who decamped to Angola’s Petro Atletico at the end of last season.

Gor Mahia have refuted allegations of signing Rwandese midfielder Djabel Manishimwe. Media reports had indicated that the local giants had signed the midfielder to a tune of Ksh 3,000,000, something the club says is just a mere rumour.

Club deputy secretary general Ronald Ngala says it is not even in the interest of the club to sign a midfielder saying they are only but scouting for a striker.

‘’Our midfield is packed and we cannot sign a midfielder. The coach is only interested in a striker and we are busy scouting for one either locally or an import’’, explained Ngala.

The player in question had once signed with AFC Leopards but ended up duping them by failing to report.

The midfielder, who currently plays for Rayon Sport of Rwanda, has been linked with move to Gor Mahia with the club now saying he has not been signed.

His probable move to the local league champions was orchestrated by the departure of Gor Mahia lead striker Jacques Tuyisenge who decamped to Angola’s Petro Atletico at the end of last season.

Meanwhile, Gor Mahia are in intense training ahead of the Cecafa Kagame tournament kicking off on July 7 in Kigali Rwanda. Gor Mahia, who were earlier on suspended by Cecafa for snubbing medal ceremony last year in Tanzania, were eventually cleared and will be the Kenya representatives in the tournament.

Ngala told Citizen Digital that they will jet out on July 4th of 5th to honuor the regional tournament.

‘’We have included the names of the three players on AFCON assignment with the national team in Egypt and they will join us in Rwanda should Harambee stars fail to qualify for the round of 16’’.

This is even as media reports in Tanzania indicate that Francis Kahata has officially joined Tanzanian giants samba after expiry of his contract with Gor Mahia.

This year’s edition will see new entrants from DRC as well as teams participating in Zambian Super League a move that has been hailed by Cecafa Secretary General Nicholas Musonye.

Kenya will be represented by the 2019 KPL champions Gor Mahia as well as Bandari, the Shield cup winners, who finished second in the KPL. Bandari were placed in group B alongside Uganda Premier League champions KCCA, Azam of Tanzania and Mukura from Rwanda.

Champions Gor Mahia are said to be group D favorites after being grouped with debutants Motema Pembe from DRC, Proline of Uganda and Heegan of Somalia. Speaking after the draw, Musonye commended the inclusion of new teams from Zambia and DRC

 

For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel



Video Of The Day: | CANCER COUNTRY | Pain of cancer patients across country [Part 1]

Avatar
Story By Milton Ochieng
More by this author