Gunners now take aim at Inter’s Icardi
TRANSFER TITTLE-TATTLE with John Kyanda/Hot 96/@johnkyanda
Arsene Wenger has reaffirmed his desire to sign a new striker after Inter Milan hinted they are ready to accept a 50million pounds bid for reported target Mauro Icardi.
Along with Paul Pogba and Gonzalo Higuain, the future of Icardi has become the most-talked about transfer in Italy, with the Inter talisman linked with moves to Napoli, Spurs and Arsenal this summer.
And Inter president Erick Thohir has revealed he is willing to listen to offers for the forward if any club matches his asking price.
The Indonesian businessman would like to keep Icardi, who has scored of 52 goals in all competitions, since signing from Sampdoria in 2013.
But he said: “All of us and Inter are hoping that figure goes above 60million euros.
“Inter will be here for hundreds of years but it is made of individuals who change each year.”
Icardi has been linked with a switch to Napoli following Higuain’s move to Juventus and they are believed to have offered 50.7million pounds.
However, Thohir added: “We are hoping to receive a better offer.
“Mauro is an important player for us and our captain. However, players come and go.”
Wenger has revealed he is seeking a striker but admitted prices being quoted were ‘scary’.
Speaking after their 2-1 win over MLS All-Stars in San Jose he said: “At the moment I do not have too many attacking options.
“But you look at the cheques everybody signs and it is quite scary.
“That is what the Premier League is about just now.”
Gunners boss Wenger had a 29.3million pounds offer for Alexandre Lacazette turned down last week but they could yet go back for the 42million pounds rated Frenchman.
But if the Arsenal boss decides not to make another offer, as Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has hinted, then a move for Icardi could be next up.
- West Brom have agreed a fee with West Ham for striker Diafra Sakho. The club has also made a 20 million pounds bid for Swansea forward Andre Ayew.
- Chelsea left-back Baba Rahman is having a medical at Schalke after the two clubs agreed a season-long loan.Ghana international Rahman joined Chelsea last summer from Augsburg.
- Mario Balotelli’s agent Mino Raiola met with Besiktas president Fikret Orman to discuss a potential move to the Turkish side, according to Gazzetta dello Sport. The Italian daily say Balotelli has gained interest from Ajax too, with the striker likely to leave Liverpool this summer.
- The 25-year-old, who signed for Liverpool in 2014, has two years left on his current deal.
- Chelsea are close to completing a 60million pounds deal to sign Romelu Lukaku from Everton.
- Gylfi Sigurdsson is ready to reject Everton and sign a new deal at Swansea.
- Arsenal are reportedly weighing up a 16 million pounds bid for West Brom centre-back Jonny Evans.
- Swansea defender Ashley Williams, will become an Everton player after the clubs agreed a 10million pounds deal for the Wales international.
- David Moyes wants to bring Manchester United duo Marouane Fellaini and Adnan Januzaj to Sunderland.
- Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has told full-back Pablo Zabaleta he wants him to stay.
- Zinedine Zidane says Alvaro Morata will not be sold for Real Madrid this summer after he returned from Juventus. “We are delighted to have him back, back to his original home. He will remain a Madrid player,” said the Real head coach.
- Paris St-Germain will rival Liverpool and Arsenal for Real Madrid forward Jese Rodriguez.
- Sevilla have agreed a deal to make Toulouse striker Wissam Ben Yedder their eighth signing of the summer.
- Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci has confirmed he has been on the radar of Manchester City and Manchester United.
- Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj is a target of AC Milan.
- Schalke are close to signing Sevilla defender Coke after the player passed a medical and a deal was agreed for his transfer.
SOURCES :BBC, SkySports, soccernet.com, Football365.com
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Guns galore