Kalsi wins Road to Masters opener at Sigona
- Sabo Kalsi over the weekend displayed awesome skills to win the first leg of KCB “Road to the Masters’’ series at the Par 72 Sigona Golf Club.
- Playing off handicap 20, the home golfer shot an impressive 41 points made up of 21 points in the first nine and 20 at the back nine, to beat a huge field of 204 players.
- On his way up, Kalsi sank in two birdies on holes 2 and 10, parred holes 9 and 17 and bogeyed the rest.
Sabo Kalsi over the weekend displayed awesome skills to win the first leg of KCB “Road to the Masters’’ series at the Par 72 Sigona Golf Club.
Playing off handicap 20, the home golfer shot an impressive 41 points made up of 21 points in the first nine and 20 at the back nine, to beat a huge field of 204 players.
On his way up, Kalsi sank in two birdies on holes 2 and 10, parred holes 9 and 17 and bogeyed the rest.
“I bogeyed a number of holes but the few pars and birdies I made really helped me a lot. I am honored to have qualified to take part at the Pro-Am tournament. Thanks to the Masters Series for nurturing amateur golfers by giving us this opportunity to play alongside top Kenyan professional golfers with the Sunshine Tour golf series,” said Sabo
In winning the opening round, Kalsi leads the first batch of six qualifiers to the two day KCB Karen Masters Pro-Am events slated for 25th-26th of June 2019.
Other qualifiers from Sigona were men winner Ishwar Aldasani (H24), guest winner Lee Mungai (H22), staff winner Ogola Azu (H26) who is also the KCB Bank Kenya HR Business partner and lady winner Milka Mburu playing off handicap 26.
The sixth qualifier from the Club was Jolly Esmail who becomes the first player in this year’s series to win the wildcard. The wildcard slot was decided from a lucky dip conducted on all the score cards returned by the playing field.
Masters will be held after the two Pro-Ams from the 27th- 30th of June 2019.
The next round of the Road to the Masters heads the Nyali Golf and Country Club on March 30.
The Nyali tour will feature professional players who will compete for a prize fund of Ksh 2million for the next four legs.
KCB Road to The Masters 2019
Round 1- Sigona Golf Club ( February 25.)-Amateurs only
Round 2-Nyali Golf & Country Club (March 30)
Round 3 -Thika Sports Club ( Apri13)
Round 4-Nakuru Golf Club (May 11)
Round 5- Royal Nairobi Golf Club (June 15 )
KCB Karen Masters -Karen Courtry Club (June 25-30)
Qualifiers from Sigona
- Overall Winner -Sabo Kalsi (Handicap 20)
- Men’s Winner -Ishwar Aldasani (Handicap 24)
- Lady winner – Milka Mburu (Handicap 26)
- Guest Winner -Lee Mungai (Handicap 22)
- Staff Winner- Azu Ogolla (handicap 26)
- Jolly Esmail (wildcard)-picked from a lucky dip of score cards
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | WESTLANDS UNDERWORLD | Crooks, gov’t officials named in plot to grab man’s property