Leicester owner slaps ‘No Sale’ sign on Mahrez
TRANSFER TITTLE-TATTLE with John Kyanda/Hot 96/@johnkyanda
Leicester City owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has told Riyad Mahrez he is staying at the club – and the player appears to have agreed.
The Thai owner of King Power posted a picture on social media on Friday with the caption: “VS: Not for sale. Mahrez: OK boss.”
The 25-year-old Algeria international forward has reportedly been a target for Arsenal this summer and Foxes boss Claudio Ranieri recently admitted his player had been distracted by “speculation”.
Mahrez’ agent Kamel Bengougam admitted earlier in the summer that they were duty-bound to consider offers from elsewhere in England and abroad after Mahrez’s sensational season as Leicester won the Premier League.
Last season, Mahrez managed 17 goals and 10 assists in 37 top flight games, and in a bid to ward off interest from elsewhere the playmaker has been offered a new deal worth 100,000 pounds a week.
- Arsenal are set for further talks with Shkodran Mustafi as they look to push through a deal for the Germany and Valencia defender. Chelsea are also reported to be interested. The club have also accepted an offer from Galatasaray for defender Mathieu Debuchy, who is thinking over a loan move to Turkey.
- Everton will offer striker Romelu Lukaku a bumper new deal to try and keep him at Goodison Park. The Toffees have also made an approach for Wolfsburg’s Germany winger Julian Draxler, who also interests Arsenal. The 22-year-old has a 63million pounds release clause.
- Chelsea are watching Brazil’s Thiago Maia during the Olympics, as they consider making a 15 million pounds bid to take him from Santos.
- Kasper Schmeichel has agreed a new five-year deal to stay at Leicester City. The 29-year-old Denmark goalkeeper had been linked with a move away from the Premier League champions.
- Swansea have agreed to a deal to sign Spanish striker Fernando Llorente from Sevilla.
- Ajax are ready to step up their interest in Liverpool misfit Mario Balotelli after making it into the final qualifying round of the Champions League..
- Napoli have signed Poland international Piotr Zielinski from fellow Serie A side Udinese in a deal worth a reported 10millon Euros.
- Paul Pogba’s world-record transfer from Juventus to Manchester United is complete, and will be announced when the 23-year-old France midfielder returns from holiday on Sunday.
- Barcelona coach Luis Enrique is confident all three of his senior goalkeepers will stay at the club despite reports linking Germany international Marc-Andre ter Stegen with a move to the Premier League.
- When asked about the possibility of Ter Stegen leaving, Enrique said: “I’m not the least bit worried. “We are dealing with the issue with absolute normality, we have three [Stegen, Bravo and Masip] great goalkeepers under contract, who behave in a perfect manner.”
- .Argentina international Gabriel Mercado has joined Sevilla on a three-year deal.
- Spanish newspaper AS reports that Real Madrid are planning a third bid for Bayern Munich star David Alaba.
- Watford midfielder Mario Suarez could be reunited with former boss Quique Sanchez Flores at Espanyol.
- Swansea want to sign fellow Spanish striker Borja Baston from Atletico Madrid in a 7million pounds.
Sources: BBC, SkySports, soccernet.com. Daily mail
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Former sports CS Hassan Wario convicted over Rio games scam