More injury woe for Everton’s Gbamin


More injury woe for Everton's Gbamin

In Summary

  • Everton are 12th ahead of the league’s restart on June 17 following a three-month suspension due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Everton midfielder Jean-Philippe Gbamin will play no part in the remainder of the season after the Premier League club said he will undergo surgery next week for an Achilles tendon injury sustained in training.

The Ivory Coast international has played only two league games this season, missing months of action following surgery on a tendon injury in his right quadriceps muscle last year.

“The injury … is unrelated to the quadriceps problem Gbamin had been working his way back from since August last year,” the club said in a statement.

British media reported the 25 million pounds ($30.81 million) recruit will be sidelined for at least six months.

Everton are 12th ahead of the league’s restart on June 17 following a three-month suspension due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel



Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate

Avatar
Story By Reuters
More by this author