Gossip: Payet turns down suitors to remain a Hammer
TRANSFER TITTLE-TATTLE with John Kyanda/Hot 96/@johnkyanda
Dimitri Payet has told West Ham he is ‘100 percent staying’ at the club. The France playmaker enjoyed an outstanding debut season, having arrived from Marseille for £10.7m. He scored 12 goals and assisted 13 more, leading to the 29-year-old being named the club’s player of the year.
At Euro 2016, he scored thrice as France reached the final, where they lost 1-0 to Portugal. That led to speculation he would leave this summer.
Speaking to The Sun the French midfielder admitted to be flattered by being linked with the big moves but said he was happy at West Ham and is looking forward to play in the club’s new home ground the Olympic Stadium .Payet went on to assure the club’s fans his commitment to the club next season.
- Chelsea will look to complete the deal for Leicester midfielder N’Golo Kante at the weekend. The Blues have made a £29m bid for the 25-year-old, who will tell Foxes boss Claudio Ranieri he wants to leave the club. The Frenchman will sign a five- year deal at Stamford Bridge.
- Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri is set to sign a new four-year contract.
- Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, 23, has seemingly ‘confirmed’ his interest in re-joining Manchester United, calling them his first family.
- At the same time Manchester United will have to pay midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger £14m to leave, with Paris St-Germain interested in the Germany international.
- Manchester City want Schalke and Germany winger Leroy Sane, but think he is worth £35m and not the £42m being demanded.
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has reportedly told forward Joel Campbell, to look for a new club, with some interest from Spanish side Valencia.
- Bournemouth have signed Jordan Ibe from Liverpool in club record deal worth £15m.
- Swansea City coach Alan Curtis has admitted Bafetimbi Gomis could complete his return to France with Marseille ‘within the next few days’.
- Middlesbrough have agreed a three year deal with Borussia Dortmund defender Neven Subotic. The 27-year-old will join the Riverside club for £8million subject to a work permit.
- Carlos Bacca has seemingly turned his back on West Ham by suggesting he’ll only join a side competing in the Champions League leaving Arsenal as frontrunners for his signature.
- Wolfsburg’s director of sport Klaus Allofs has ruled out Julian Draxler leaving the club this summer, but concedes the possibility of Andre Schurrle also staying is not so clear.
- Barcelona are still keen on signing a new striker with Atletico Madrid forward Luciano Vietto in the frame and the La Liga champions would also like to keep hold of goalkeepers Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Claudio Bravo for next season despite reported interest from Manchester City for the German star.
- Valencia new boy Nani reveals the reason he chose to join Spanish giants is because they are a great club with great global potential.
- Diego Costa has told Chelsea he wants to leave and return to Atletico Madrid.
- Eintracht Frankfurt are interested in signing Manchester United full-back Guillermo Varela.
- Borussia Dortmund want to sign Stoke winger Xherdan Shaqiri, as a replacement for Ilkay Gundogan, who has moved to Manchester City and are also interested in Newcastle midfielder Moussa Sissoko, 26, following Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s transfer to Manchester United.
- Reports in Germany suggest that Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich are only a couple of million apart in their valuations of Mario Gotze.
- Juventus will compete with Arsenal for Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain, and could meet his release clause of almost £80m.
- Leonardo Bonucci’s move to Manchester City could move closer with Mehdi Benatia joining Juventus.
- Inter Milan manager Roberto Mancini says Yaya Toure unlikely to join them in summer.
- Emanuele Giaccherini is set to leave Sunderland after his agent confirmed a move to Napoli is a done deal.
Sources: BBC, Soccernet, DailyMail and The Guardian
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate