Pipeline and KCB to highlight national KVF sixth leg
- Action galore is expected this weekend, when the sixth leg of the Kenya Volleyball Federation national league serves off at the Kitui School grounds in Kitui County
- The battle for a top-four finish is expected to heat up for both men and women teams with all eyes on playoffs in the final leg in November
Action galore is expected this weekend, when the sixth leg of the Kenya Volleyball Federation national league serves off at the Kitui School grounds in Kitui County.
The battle for a top-four finish is expected to heat up for both men and women teams with all eyes on playoffs in the final leg in November.
Women’s defending champions and league leaders Kenya Pipeline will be out to guard their unbeaten run against Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) when the two collide on Friday 9:00am local time.
The Japheth Munala coached side who sit on the summit of the league with 18 points, recorded two wins against KDF and Ashton in the fifth leg held in Mombasa last month.
Pipeline’s perennial opponents and former champions Kenya Prisons under the tutelage of David Lungáho will be eyeing to lead the table when they face debutants Bungoma County on Friday 11:00am.
The former are on second position on the log with 17 points, the only other side to have not tasted defeat alongside Pipeline this season.
Speaking to the Citizen Digital, Lungáho who also serves as the Federations Technical Director said his top guns are ready for Kitui assignment.
“No injuries and we are raring to go. This season our eyes are on the title and I am sure we will do it although Pipeline poses the biggest challenge,” said Lunga’ho also confirming that his team will travel on Thursday.
In men’s league, with defending champions General Service Unit (GSU) not taking part in this weekend’s action , Equity Bank who sit second with 24 points adrift GSU will be hunting top position.
GSU are currently competing in Eastern Africa Police Chiefs Cooperation Organization (EAPCCO) Games in Tanzania.
Equity, who have lost only ones this season, will face fellow league debutants Bomet on Friday 11:00am with a win sending them to the summit of the table with 27 points.
Third placed Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) who got their sweet revenge on the former champions Kenya Prisons during the fifth leg will also be taking no part in weekend’s challenge, following their engagement in the ongoing 38th edition of the annual Kenya Communications Sports Organizations (KECOSO) Games in Kisumu.
SUMMARISED MEN FIXTURES
TIME – 9:00 am
- Bomet County vs Kahawa Garrison
- Western Prison vs Nakuru Stars
- Kenya Prisons vs Kenya Defence Force
- Prison Nairobi vs Mombasa Prison
- Administration Police vs Bungoma County
Time 11:00 am
- Kiambu County vs Kahawa Garrison
- KDF VS Kericho County
- Equity Bank vs Bomet County
- Prison Kenya vs Western Prison
- Mombasa Prison vs Bungoma County
Time – 1:00pm
- Kiambu County vs Nakuru County
- Bomet County vsMombasa Prison
Time – 3:00 pm
- Nakuru County vs Kenya Prison
- KAhawa Garrison vs Bungoma County
- AP Kenya vs Bomet County
- Western Prisons vs Kericho County
- Bungoma County vs KDF
- Kenya Pipeline vs Kenya Commercial Bank
- Kahawa Garrison vs Bomet County
- Prison Kenya vs Bungoma County
- Ashton vs KAhawa Garrison
Time 1:00 pm
- Kahawa Garrison vs KDF
- Bomet County vs Western Bombers
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Private hospitals on the spot for making patients commodities