Pipeline set to review players contracts after KCB raid


Pipeline set to review players contracts after KCB raid
(FILE)Kenya Pipeline team hurdles for a team talk before going on to win 3-0 (25-15, 25-17, 25-4) over Fap of Cameroun in Tunis, Tunisia.

In Summary

  • Kenya Pipeline has announced that the club will review player’s contracts from the current three months  to a one-year deal, to avert another exodus after the team was deprived of squad depth following the exit of former head coach Japheth Munala who lured six players to  joining him at KCB last year.

Kenya Pipeline has announced that the club will review player’s contracts from the current three months  to a one-year deal, to avert another exodus after the team was deprived of squad depth following the exit of former head coach Japheth Munala who lured six players to  joining him at KCB last year.

Speaking during the flag- off ceremony for the team which jets out tomorrow for the annual women’s African Club Championship set for Egypt from March 16, Kenya Pipeline Company acting managing director Hudson Andambi said the new deal will be done when the players return from Egypt.

Andambi added that the girls will also have a medical cover as part of the review of the player’s contracts.

“You know we love this team and we have been losing our good players because of this payment and contract issues, we have finally decided to look at  it, “said the MD.

“These contracts will be based on the effectiveness of our players before we sign them and what the coach says so that we can decide on the length of the contract,”she added.

At the same time, Pipeline’s head coach Margret Indagala is upbeat her charges will clinch the coveted title after a 14-year wait.

Setter Janet Wanja says she believes in the squad they have. “We have a good team and I believe we can win the title,” she enthused.

A team of 14 players that includes  Wanja, Triza Atuka, Naomi Too, Betty Sifuna, Christine Siwa among others  leaves for Cairo tomorrow evening for the annual assignment which ends on March 25.

For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel



Video Of The Day: Ruto dismisses starvation deaths as fake news

Story By David Kariuki
More by this author