TRANSFER REPORTS: Rodriguez, Sissoko, Drinkwater on the move?
Colombia international James Rodriguez could be on his way out of Real Madrid after playing just two full seasons with them.
After a stellar World Cup campaign in Brazil, James joined from Ligue 1 Monaco on a six-year contract in July 2014, in a 63million pounds transfer.
But according to Spanish newspaper Marca, the 25-year-old has offers from the Premier League and Real will consider his departure for a fee of 65 million pounds.
Marca’s front-page headline screamed ‘James En La Operacion Salida’ on Tuesday, meaning: ‘James in Operation Exit’, before going on to suggest that manager Zinedine Zidane will ‘bet’ on Isco to fill James’ role.
After coming through the ranks at Colombia’s Envigado, he enjoyed a two-year spell in their first team before moving to Argentina’s Banfield in 2008, where he stayed for two seasons, before heading to Portuguese outfit Porto in 2010, where he enjoyed three fruitful campaigns.
The attacking midfielder then chose to play his football with French club Monaco, with whom he excelled in the 2013–2014 season, scoring 12 goals in 38 games in all competitions. He then finished top scorer at the World Cup in Brazil, hitting the next six times.
James featured heavily in his first season for Real, scoring an impressive 17 times in 46 games, yet played more of a bit-part role last term, hitting the back of the net eight times in 32 appearances.
Liverpool have rejected a 30 million pounds bid from Crystal palace for striker Christian Benteke.
Palace also hope to sign 26-year-old Newcastle midfielder Moussa Sissoko after selling winger Yanick Bolasie and midfielder Mile Jedinak.
Midfielder Cesc Fabregas is considering leaving Chelsea after being left on the bench for their Premier League opener against West Ham. Real Madrid are considering a move for the 29-year-old Spain international.
Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure, wants to stay at the club despite being left at home for the first leg of their Champions League qualifier against Steaua Bucharest.
The clubs is also set to sign Barcelona goalkeeper Claudio Bravo once the Spanish side find a replacement.
Manchester United are favourites to sign Santos forward Gabriel Barbosa for 30million pounds. The 19-year-old had been set to join Premier League champions Leicester.
Leicester are preparing an improved contract for midfielder Danny Drinkwater, who has already rejected an improved deal. Tottenham are among a host of clubs interested in the England international.
Arsenal expect to sign 24-year-old Valencia defender Shkodran Mustafi, despite the deal stalling over the weekend.
Watford defensive midfielder Mario Suarez has agreed terms with Valencia.
The clubs has also agreed a 13million pounds deal to sign 25-year-old Juventus midfielder Roberto Pereyra.
West Brom are hopeful of completing the 12million pounds signing of versatile Leicester City player Jeff Schlupp.
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is interested in FC Koln’s 20million pounds rated Germany left-back Jonas Hector.
Southampton centre-back Jose Fonte is keen to join Manchester United but he has also received an approach from Arsenal.
Ronald Koeman is also plotting to bring Southampton striker Charlie Austin to Everton.
Inter Milan forward Eder says he never entertained the idea of leaving the Nerazzurri this summer, even if he had the opportunity to do so.
Torino have reprimanded defender Nikola Maksimovic after he refused to train at the weekend amid speculation about a move to Chelsea.
AC Milan coach Vincenzo Montella says he does not want to sell Carlos Bacca and Mattia De Sciglio but accepts the decision may be taken out of his hands.
New Inter Milan boss Frank de Boer says he admires Daley Blind but believes the Netherlands international is happy at Manchester United.
Simone Zaza is in line to leave Serie A champions Juventus for Wolfsburg after holding talks with the Bundesliga club at the weekend.
Rennes manager Christian Gourcuff is hopeful that his club can complete the loan signing of Real Madrid’s Martin Odegaard for the upcoming Ligue 1 season.
Arsenal target Alexandre Lacazette has admitted that he would leave Lyon this month if the French club receive an acceptable offer from the right team.
Sources: BBC, SkySports, soccernet.com, football365.com, Dailymail
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: Different journeys, same destiny: The story of top two candidates | KCSE 2020 |