Verratti staying put, Gunners in fresh Lacazette bid
TRANSFER TITTLE-TATTLE with John Kyanda/Hot 96/@johnkyanda
Marco Verratti says he will not be tempted by a move away from Paris St-Germain this summer.
It has been reported that Real Madrid are interested in the midfielder, but, asked if he would stay at PSG, Verratti told Le Parisien: “Yes. The club and I discussed many times. We both have the same goal of winning here.
“It’s been four years that I have been in Paris. I begin my fifth year. Until we have won the Champions League, I want to stay here. That’s the goal I set myself.
“I want to win with this team, because it’s like a family.
“It’s nice when a big team like Real Madrid is interested in you, but I decided to win with Paris.”
- Arsenal will make an improved 35 million pounds bid for Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette after having an initial 29.3million pounds offer rejected by the French club.
- Coach Unai Emery has said there is a possibility Paris Saint-Germain will attempt to sign Real Madrid striker Jese Rodriguez this summer.
- Manchester United are closing in on signing Monaco’s Brazilian right-back Fabinho.
- Atletico Madrid have confirmed the signing of striker Kevin Gameiro from Sevilla. The France international has penned a four-year deal and still needs to undergo a medical. It has been reported that he will cost an initial 32million pounds.
- Besiktas have completed the signing of Adriano Correia from Barcelona for an initial 600,000 Euros , but defender Jeremy Mathieu says he turned down an offer to leave the Camp Nou and join the Turkish club.
- Barcelona said the transfer fee for Adriano,will rise by 1.7 million Euros if Bestikas qualify for the Champions League within the duration of his contract. He was previously reported to have agreed a three-year deal.
- Manchester City have reportedly told Everton they will not pay more than 40million pounds for John Stones. The Daily Telegraph says Everton value the player at 50 million but City are not willing to make him the world’s most expensive defender. It is also suggested that Wilfried Bony has been offered as a makeweight, but Everton would prefer a straight cash deal.
- Everton have rejected a 57 million pounds bid from Chelsea for Romelu Lukaku and are holding out for 75 million.
- Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen has turned down a new contract as he wants a significant rise on his current 30,000 pounds -a-week deal
- Leicester City are ready to offer a new 100,000 pounds -a-week contract to playmaker Riyad Mahrez, who is believed to be a target for Arsenal.
- Manchester City are planning contract talks with Fernandinho after the Brazilian’s impressive preseason displays for new boss Pep Guardiola.
- Saido Berahino is ready to stay at West Brom and see out his contract before leaving on a free transfer to Europe next year after the club rejected several bids for him.
- Inter Milan aren’t looking to sell striker Mauro Icardi to Napoli for less than 60 mllion Euros , club president Erick Thohir told reporters. The 23-year-old Argentine has been rumoured to replace Gonzalo Higuain at the San Paolo club, after the former Real Madrid man joined Juventus for 94million Euros earlier this week, with Icardi’s agent claiming Inter’s offers of a new contract have not been acceptable.
- Paul Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola has denied any deal for his client is done between Juventus and Manchester United. Sources have said the clubs have agreed to all the details on Paul Pogba’s world-record transfer, with the midfielder set to undergo a medical exam to complete the move to Old Trafford.
- But Raiola said on Twitter on Friday that the deal was not yet complete, while also criticising the media coverage. After calling journalists “parrots,” the agent wrote: “No deal done between clubs.
SOURCES :BBC, SkySports, soccernet.com
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: CAS Rachel Shebesh and athlete Asbel Kiprop share their mental health journeys