Zidane unsure if injured Hazard’s season is over
- Hazard, 29, faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines after sustaining the injury in Saturday 1-0 La Liga defeat at Levante.
Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane says he is unsure if forward Eden Hazard will play again this season after fracturing his right ankle at the weekend.
Hazard, 29, faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines after sustaining the injury in Saturday 1-0 La Liga defeat at Levante.
The Belgian had been out of action for nearly three months due to another ankle injury and was making only his second appearance since his return.
“I don’t know if his season is over, I don’t know but I hope not,” Zidane told a news conference before Wednesday’s Champions League last 16 first-leg clash against Manchester City.
Hazard was seen as the heir to Cristiano Ronaldo when he joined from Chelsea last year for 100 million euros (84 million pounds) but injuries have limited the Belgian to 15 appearances and one goal.
“I don’t know if he’ll need an operation, it’s not my area. I can see he’s not happy. It’s important he stays positive but, of course, it’s difficult,” Zidane added.
“It’s a bad moment, it won’t be easy and he’ll feel like this for a while.”
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | BULLDOZERS FOR SANITIZERS | Families remain in the cold after evictions from Kariobangi sewage estate